The following Resolutions made by KCC
(1) Following the example of the Karnataka and Tamil Nadu Governments, the Government of Kerala should pass a resolution in the legislative Assembly requesting the central Government to include the Dalit Christians in the SC/ST Category.
(2) The Coastal Regulation Zone notification has robbed off the right of the people to live in the coastal area and hence the Government should bring about necessary changes in the notification.
(3) Necessary changes should be brought in the Gadgil-Kasthurirangan reports that affect the lives of people in the western Ghats.
(4) The continuous fall in the price of rubber has affected not only the rubber farmers crushed the entire economy of Kerala. Hence, immediate steps should be taken to resolve the present economic crisis.
(5) The Government should not succumb to the pressure of the Liquor Lobby and should prove its commitment in implementing the declared ‘Step by Step Total Prohibition’ policy.
(6) The Government should take steps to provide education and job reservation to the Nadar Christian Community of Kerala, irrespective of their denominated affiliation.
(7) The present crisis in the aided education sector should be addressed and alleviated.
KCC Office Bearers
KCC New Office Bearers were elected during the General Body Meeting.
President; His Eminence Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Catholicos,
Secretary General; Rev. Fr. Varghese Vallikkatt,
Secretary; Mr. V.C. Georgekutty (Muvattupuzha),
Joint Secretaries -Mr. J. Sahayadas (Neyyattinkara),Dr. Chacko Kelamparambil (Thamarasary),
Vice Presidents - Mrs. Margret Nelson (Quilon), Mr. Saji John (Mavelikkara), Adv. Joji Chirayil (Changanacherry), Jainamma A. (Punalur),
Treasurer ; Dr. M.A. Joseph. (Kozhikode)
The Names of Twenty One Executive Members were announced.
KCBC Secretary General ,Bishop Dr. Joseph Kariyil felicitated the new office bearers .Total 160 Members were attended the meeting. Secretary V.C. Georgekutty proposed the vote of thanks and meeting ended at 4.00 pm
KCC Executive Committee Meeting
Executive Committee of Kerala Catholic Council was held on 9th December 2014, 4.00pm at POC. President His Eminence Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Catholicos presided over the executive committee meeting.
2nd Executive Committee meeting of the KCC was held on 20th June 2015 at POC. Meeting discussed various matters and the current issues facing the Church and socio political situation in Kerala and India. Secretary General Rev, Fr. Varghese vallikatt led the session. Submitted the written statement to KCBC.
3rd Executive Committee meeting of the KCC was held on 21 st November 2015 at POC. Secretary General Rev, Fr. Varghese Vallikatt presided over the meeting. Annual General Body Agenda and subject preparation was finiliased during the meeting
Seminar on Ghar Vapasi
Conducted Seminar on “Ghar Vapasi” on 24th January 2015 at POC jointly by KCC and other KCBC Commissions under the title ‘Secularism and Human rights’. Archbishop Francis Kallarakal (Archbishop of Verapoly) inaugurated the meeting. Rev. Fr. Varghese Vallikkattu (KCBC Deputy Secretary General) presided over the function. Justice Cyriac Joseph (National Human Right Commission) and Dr. K.S. Radhakrishnan (Chairman PSC) were presented the papers. Adv. Antony M Ambatt , V C Georgekutty, Rev Fr. Roby Kannanchira CMI were felicitated the meeting
Secretary, Kerala Catholic Council