header
Untitled Document
New Page 1
Untitled Document

  

19 TUE AKCC Meeting MT Auditorium 10.00 am

20 WED Bible Class L.F. Auditorium 05.30 pm

21 THU Theology Course L.F. Auditorium 05.00 pm

23 SAT Pastoral Council Ernakulam Zonal Meeting MT Auditorium 09.30 am

23 SAT KLM Executive Meeting Begins St. Luke’s Hall 05.00 pm

24 SUN KLM Executive Meeting Concludes St. Luke’s Hall 02.00 pm

25 MON Moral Science Meeting St. Peter’s Hall 10.00 am

26 TUE Temperance Commission Meeting St. Luke’s Hall 09.00 am

27 WED Bible Class L.F. Auditorium 05.30 pm

28 THU Theology Course L.F. Auditorium 05.00 pm

30 SAT Unaided School Managers Meeting L.F. Auditorium 10.00am

30 SAT Psychology Class – Inauguration L.F. Auditorium 02.00 pm



mediaaward

POC ANNUAL REPORTS

2013
2013
2013

 
Mar Augustine Kandathil
Mar Augustine Kandathil
Kandathil

  Birth  25-08-
 
  Ordination
 --
 
   Feast  -0-
 

Details

Mar Augustine Kandathil (Chempu, near Vaikom, in Kottayam, Kingdom of Travancore, 25 August 1874 – Ernakulam, Travancore-Cochin, India, 10 January 1956) was the first and longest serving Metropolitan and Head of the Syro-Malabar Church, the principal Church of the Saint Thomas Christians in India. He was the first Indian to assume powers and reign as an Archbishop of the Catholic Church. He was ordained a priest on 21 December 1901. In 1911, he was ordained Bishop and appointed Co-adjutor to Mar Aloysius Pazheparambil, and in 1919 succeeded the latter as Vicar Apostolic of Ernakulam. He became Archbishop and Head of the Syro-Malabar Church on 21 December 1923 when the Syro-Malabar Hierarchy was founded, and led the church until his demise. He participated in the canonisation of the "Little Flower", Thérèse of Lisieux in 1925 and also visited and came to know at close quarters the activities of the Congregation of Christian Brothers during his visit to Ireland; this inspired the Archbishop to found ithe Congregation of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux on 19 March 1931. He was also the senior founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of Nazareth in 1948.

Work Station